Sunday, December 30, 2007

"There Will Be Blood"


Instant Classic.

Seriously... ManwithaVan can't recall the last release he enjoyed more. Far from conventional, yet "Blood" will surely rank atop many critics' 2007 review and likely earn several Oscar Noms, including Best Picture, Director, and Actor. Daniel Day Lewis, usually covered in filth and oil here, his teeth included, has this complex character piece by the balls from start to finish, exploring a range of themes in frightening fashion. A hardcore Western with unabashed straightforward storytelling, full of sprawling wide shots and long takes, a riveting musical score that makes even a lengthy scene of men laying metal stakes intense, and already drawing comparisons to "Chinatown", "2001: A Space Odyssey", and "Citizen Kane", it looks like we've got an American masterpiece on our hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it too. My favorite of the year, and it instantly placed at least somewhere in my faves of all time. Wow, now THAT's an ending!

JoeZam

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in web explorer, would test this?
IE still is the market leader and a large part of people will leave
out your great writing because of this problem.

my web site: Wot Hack